Everything you need.
When you are distracted by security and connectivity issues within your organization, you can’t focus on your core business. That’s why DCN is here to partner with you, providing the resources and expertise to keep you connected and your data protected.
Annual global IP traffic is estimated to quickly reach a zettabyte, if it hasn’t surpassed it already. Are you prepared? With DCN’s Carrier Ethernet services, you can reliably deliver video, mobile, and cloud services to customers over a single converged IP infrastructure.
- 100% fiber network
- MEF-compliant network design
- 24/7/365 NOC support and direct access to MEF-certified Ethernet technicians
- Superior subscriber experience with innovations in video delivery, performance monitoring, and management
- Exceptional savings over TDM-based services
- 57.6 Tbps of switching capacity per node and sub-50ms failover redundancy on DCN’s MPLS-based ethernet core
DCN’s gigabit Ethernet services provide both flexibility and scalability as customers have the option of service in increments of up to Terabit Ethernet speeds.
Dakota Carrier Network brings private, public, or hybrid cloud hosting solutions to businesses across North Dakota. Are you hosting your business site, applications, or customer database on servers in your office? Are you using a shared hosting provider? Don’t risk the downtime or data loss from a hardware crash or security breach. Move your applications and websites to DCN’s secure hosting platform, built specifically for your business, and be confident that your data is securely managed and protected.
As a VMware Cloud Services Provider (VCSP), we deliver the control and performance your applications need, as well as the service you rely on, to keep your business running. DCN’s cloud services are delivered from our Fargo and Bismarck locations.
Available features include:
- VMware Cloud Services Provider (VCSP)
- Geo-diverse backups
- Veeam Cloud Connect for automatic disaster recovery services and hyper-available data
- Express routes for SLA-based dedicated private connectivity between your datacenter and a wide variety of cloud service providers
Why Use DCN’s Cloud Services?
- Resources dedicated solely to you
- Power to handle high-traffic websites and apps
- Security to protect sensitive customer data
- Ideal for business and back-office applications
- Supported by hosting experts available 24/7/365
- Peace of mind provided by SOC 2 Type 2 compliance
DCN’s carrier-neutral 23,180-square foot Great Plains Data Center in Fargo and 72,000-square foot Coleman Data Center in Bismarck provide hardened, secure, affordable, customized, comprehensive co-location data storage for an array of companies, service providers, and carriers. Our facilities are geographically diverse, providing added protection against natural disasters and other disruptions. You can access our high-reliability network in a secure environment that ensures your servers are properly maintained without the expense of dedicated infrastructure or staff.
Co-location guarantees that your data is being stored and maintained in a fortress-like environment which enables you to focus on your business initiatives. Avoid heavy investments in network infrastructure, achieve flexibility and scalability, and protect your resources from unexpected events such as flooding or fire damage.
For customers who require the highest levels of security, DCN offers North Dakota’s only private suites. These rooms essentially act as a private data center, within the data center.
By co-locating your data and equipment in our modern, skillfully designed data center, you are ensured:
- Option for ultra-secure private suites
- Personalized combination locking cabinets and private suites
- Dual security controls, including biometric fingerprint scanners
- 24/7/365 monitoring with a CCTV video surveillance system
- Electronic security, allowing physical access to your equipment 24 hours a day
- Industry-leading 99.999% uptime guarantee
- 2N Redundant centralized UPS and diesel generator power designed to meet your hardware needs
- Environmentally controlled, hardened concrete/brick facility rated to sustain an EF4 tornado
- Access to multiple Tier I internet service providers, giving you reliability and redundancy
- SOC 2 Type 2 compliant
- N+1 Redundant HVAC units protecting all critical areas
- Critical areas protected by dry fire suppression
- A quiet, secure workspace with console access to customer equipment
- Direct access to DCN’s redundant fiber optic wide area network services
- Cloud computing with backup replication and disaster recovery
- Secure VPN access, providing access to your equipment from virtually anywhere
- Scalable data center designed to grow with your company’s needs
With the ever-increasing sophistication and frequency of cyberattacks, it’s critical that your business has a reliable network and endpoint security in place.
Dakota Carrier Network’s industry-leading DDoS protection and high availability firewall solutions deliver dynamic security integral to your business’s multi-layered security program. These services can be combined for maximum protection or implemented individually, depending on your business’s needs.
Our DDoS service provides automatic Netflow-based mitigation at industry-leading time to mitigation. Customers can access a DDoS portal for history and details regarding mitigation events including source and destination IPs, source and destination TCP/UDP ports, and attack volume.
DCN Firewall Solutions
DCN’s high-availability, geo-diverse, cloud-based managed firewall blocks known malware and guards against unknown (zero-day) attacks using a dynamic, global threat database. Our robust protection secures your network edge, giving your employees the flexibility to access network resources, files, and applications in the office or on-the-go.
Businesses are more reliant on their data than ever before. According to a recent Gartner study, enterprise data is doubling every 12 to 18 months. Dakota Carrier Network has developed a flexible, state-of-the-art, enterprise-class, carrier-neutral, remote disk-to-disk data storage solution allowing customers to backup critical data remotely to DCN’s mirrored data centers.
DCN’s business continuity and disaster recovery data storage services were developed to offer customers the same carrier-grade level of service as the TDM and Ethernet services being delivered today.
To accommodate a variety of data storage needs, we offer a variety of options:
- Co-Location Storage Solution (SAN)
- Offsite Data Backup Solution
- Disaster Recovery Solution
- Data Storage is available in amounts of up to hundreds of Terabytes
With DCN’s direct fiber connections from Fargo and Bismarck to multiple Tier 1 service providers throughout the state, speed and reliability are a given. Combined with our service guarantees, we offer the best – and most proven – dedicated internet access in North Dakota.
Our speeds and services include:
- Symmetrical speeds up to 100 Gbps
- Multiple upstream providers
Dakota Carrier Network operates a 100% fiber optic communications network that links all regions of the state, including all major population centers. DCN is owned by independent broadband service providers who have been serving customers since the early 1950s and collectively provide over 1,550-miles of fiber that make up DCN’s backbone.
The DCN core network infrastructure consists of a base dark fiber network equipped with a dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) platform. This platform provides DCN with more than 8 Terabits of capacity. DCN’s core Carrier Ethernet and Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) utilizes the DWDM core to interconnect DCN’s many points of presence across the state of North Dakota and beyond.
DCN operates multiple SONET systems in North Dakota and reaching into South Dakota and Minnesota. Each of these systems provides reliable T1, DS3, and OCx services with a core supporting sub-50ms failover.
Deliver enhanced application performance, embedded security, and public-private cloud integration with Dakota Carrier Network’s software-defined wide-area network (SD-WAN) solution.
Our transport-agnostic SD-WAN solution seamlessly integrates with your existing network configuration, providing connectivity over any transport underlay including carrier ethernet, internet, wavelength services, or LTE. Offered as a managed service, DCN’s highly trained technicians perform the implementation and ongoing network maintenance.
- Maximize uptime with redundant WAN links
- Decrease latency, jitter, and frame loss
- Intelligent traffic distribution over multiple links
- Application-based traffic steering allows for QoS over internet links
- Connect to existing carrier ethernet networks with hybrid SD-WAN configuration
- Manage up to three queues using QoS
- Encrypts all data using IP Security (IPSec)
- Controls traffic using layer 3 and layer 4 rules at the edge
- Can be used with centralized managed firewall and DDoS solutions for additional security
SS7 is an all-digital intelligent network that uses messages to request services from other entities. These messages travel from one network to another, independent of the actual voice and data they pertain to.
One of the primary benefits of SS7 is global interoperability. It has the capability to enable all carriers to cooperate with each other. It is a standard protocol approved by the ITU. Global billing, toll-free calling, 900-number services, and international wireless call roaming are all call features that are dependent on SS7.
Dakota Carrier Network has quad B-links that connect to two of Verisign’s regional gateway locations. From these locations, DCN is able to provide such SS7 services as Calling Name, LNP (Local Number Portability), E800, CLASS (Custom Local Area Signaling Services), and ISUP (Integrated Services Digital Network User Part) route signaling.
DCN Wavelength Service – also known as Carrier Wavelength, Fiber Optic Service, or Lit Fiber Service – is a large bandwidth connection delivering internet or data service over lit fiber-optic lines. Wavelength services provide the dedicated bandwidth capacity needed for numerous customer applications, including email, file sharing, web hosting, data backup, video, voice, or VPN access.
DCN qualified Wavelength Service come in speeds up to 1 Tbps and is available in:
- Alexander, ND
- Beach, ND
- Bismarck, ND
- Devils Lake, ND
- Dickinson, ND
- East Grand Forks, MN
- Fargo, ND
- Grand Forks, ND
- Gwinner, ND
- Jamestown, ND
- Marion Junction, ND
- Max, ND
- Minneapolis, MN
- Minot, ND
- Moorhead, MN
- Ray, ND
- Rugby, ND
- Stanley, ND
- Valley City, ND
- Williston, ND